Thursday, April 8, 2010

Is This How A President Should Act?



I don't know Barack Obama. He seems like a devoted father and husband, and that counts for quite a bit in my book. I of course cannot stand his politics and am terrified of his vision for our country.

But, for some reason, I've never liked Obama. Watching him speak, listening to what he says and how he says it, and what criticism he responds to - I question the character of the man.

I didn't always agree with George W. Bush, but I admired him for the fact he rarely responded to his critics, and never with the vindictiveness of Obama. Case in point:

Palin, the former vice presidential candidate, has not been shy about criticizing Obama's policies and this week weighed in on his revamped nuclear strategy, saying it was like a child in a playground who says 'punch me in the face, I'm not going to retaliate.'

"I really have no response to that. The last I checked, Sarah Palin is not much of an expert on nuclear issues," Obama said in an interview with ABC News.

"What I would say to [Republicans] is, is that if the secretary of defense and the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff are comfortable with it, I'm probably going to take my advice from them and not from Sarah Palin."


Classy.

It would be nice if our president actually walked the walk, and acted like the post-partisan that he claimed to be during the campaign. Instead, he usually comes off like a petulant child used to getting his way, who finally is told "No!"

No comments:

Post a Comment